The CASAC Certification Program
Here's an overview of the NYS OASAS Requirements for completing your Credentialed Alcohol & Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) training and certification:
The Resource Training Center provides the new required 350 Hour Standardized Curriculum.
You will also need:
- 6000 work experience hours (3 years) in an approved work setting or
- 4000 hours (2 years) plus a Bachelor's Degree or
- 2000 Paid Hours (1 year) plus a Master's Degree
Internship hours count as experience and there is no state requirement as to how long an internship should last. Up to 2000 internship/volunteer hours can be counted towards the work experience, except if you have a Masters degree.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a high school diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Reside or work in New York State at least 51 percent of the time